Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Spice Up Your Life


With my mind and taste buds still on the beach in Mexico, I've been using a lot of my favourite hot sauce lately called Valentina Salsa Picante. I first discovered this mind blowing stuff many years ago during a relaxing jaunt to La Paz which is a charming little seaside village located on the Baja peninsula of Mexico. Since then, I frequently toss it on everything from eggs on toast, tacos, burritos, rice dishes and I've even added it to a chicken marinade before. This stuff retails for a shocking $2.74 for 1 litre at Que Pasa which is a mexican specialty supermarket located in Richmond, B.C. I've never shopped around but I'm sure it could also be found at other specialty stores as well. It's always worth the trip out to Que Pasa for their freshly made tortillas and salsas. Delicioso!

No comments:

Post a Comment