Friday, April 1, 2011

Baked Kale Chips: better then you think!



Okay, okay, I know what you are thinking...another post about Kale? I can explain.....since I already had the purple kale from my blog picture I recently took, I had to find a way to use it before it starts wilting. Kale chips are super quick to make and tasty as can be. You'll be shocked at how the baked kale chips lose their harsh kale flavour and instead impart a lovely, light crispy potato chip quality. These kale chips will impress even the junk foodies in your life.

Kale Chips

1 large bunch Kale
1 tablespoon olive oil
sea salt, to taste

Tear off all the kale leaves from the tough inner stem into a bowl and toss in enough olive oil to fully coat all the leaves. Toss in some salt and then spread onto a pan lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheight for 15-20 minutes or until crispy.

Variation: add graded parmesan cheese sprinkled on top


No comments:

Post a Comment