Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Zucchini Pasta with Prawns


With Spring finally here and Summer just around the corner I thought I'd post a new favourite recipe of mine that is light and refreshing. And as an added bonus it pretty much feels like a detox just eating it. Feel free to omit the prawns, I just wanted a little extra protein on mine. We love this recipe so much that it's definitely going to be making a regular appearance on our table and I swear you wont even miss the traditional wheat based pasta one bit. I definitely wont be missing the carbohydrate induced slump that regular pasta gives me.

Zucchini Pasta with prawns
from Whole Living 

prawns (as many as you like)
2-3 medium sized zucchini

Sauce
7 oz box of cherry tomatoes, sliced
2 tablespoons (or more) ripped fresh basil
2 garlic cloves, sliced finely
1/4 cup crushed walnuts
2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil

Use a peeler to grate the zucchini into shoestrings. This peeler works really well. Sprinkle with salt and let the noodles drain on a paper towel for 10 minutes or so. Try to soak up as much excess liquid as possible. Combine sauce ingredients. Serve immediately.

3 comments:

  1. Looks good! That peeler makes perfect 'noodles'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love my julienne peeler. Its great for zucchini noodles but I also use it for quickly grating beets and carrots when I just need a little for a wrap or salad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!

    I saw your blog and thought it had great recipes and awesome pictures! I therefore would like to invite you to our new culinary website which has just started.

    This is how it works in short. TastyQuery.com is a website for food bloggers and their fans allowing them to automatically collect recipes from your food blog. It's a large database of links to recipes on food blogs. Everyone can join us for free.

    For more please visit:
    http://tastyquery.com

    TastyQuery.com is an English version of our main website called "Mikser Kulinarny", founded in Poland. "Mikser Kulinarny" has a large audience (over 2 mln unique visitors monthly) and with TastyQuery.com we want to repeat that success and drive thousands of new visitors to your food blog.

    In case of any questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

    best regards

    Ania, TastyQuery.com

    ReplyDelete